Are the rich obligated to help the poor, and if I ever get rich, will I treat poor people with respect, or with even more disdain than I do now?


This is a question that every single person needs to ask themselves.

Whether I have money in my pocket or not, I personally make it a point to help a poor child or a lady either in kind or in monetary terms as and when I get an opportunity. So if you see, I actually don’t wait to become RICH and then to help the poor. As I have said in my earlier post: no time is right or wrong to do the right thing. When time doesn’t wait for us…then why do we have to wait for the right time?

This is a simple principle that I follow in my life.

Ideally, one need not wait for them to become rich and then do an act of kindness. Also, what’s the guarantee that after becoming rich and attaining a status in the society, you will be willing to help them anymore?

Be it rich or the middle class people, everyone has an obligation towards the weaker section of the society. It is our duty to help them in their betterment.

Also, giving money may or may not really help the needy. For e.g. you gave some money to the girl who was crying profusely in the train but what value does it have if after a couple of hours she dies of hunger? It would have been way beneficial if you had given a biscuit or water. Isn’t it? I am not saying that don’t give money. But before shelling it out, just see what he/she really needs.

So here are simple questions that you need to ask yourself:

Just recall the last time you did an act of kindness? The last time you helped someone in need? Gave food to someone who was hungry? Gave water to someone who was thirsty?

By answering them, we will definetly become more conscious about our duties as a human. J

good luck!   

Comments

  1. well said...... helping in terms of material instead of money sometyms is more beneficial and brings more satisfaction to oneself tooo.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you give money, one cant actually see how the money is used. so helping in kind is way more beneficial. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment