Pallu and plates... what's in that six yard?


I am not really a very “die hard trend follower” kind of a person. In fact, those (sometimes) decent and (mostly) weird dresses hardly take my heart away!

But there is this one trend that is ETERNAL…and EVER-GREEN. It was there in 60s, 80s and present in many women’s wardrobe as well today. You know what I am talking about!?!

SAREE!!!


Be it a birthday party, kitty party, anniversary, date, corporate life, meetings, marriage …any occasion, IT IS FIT FOR ALL.


Ever since I was in my teens, I have seen my mother draping that six yards for different occasions…and since then I fell in love with it! I now look for opportunities where I can drape my favorite chiffon saree and flaunt my decent figure.

I don’t understand how can some people find saree boring???

“IT’S TRADITIONAL… IT’S SEXYY!

IT’S COOL… IT’S HOT!

IT COVERS UP… AND AT THE SAME TIME  REVEALS A LOT!!!”

A good chiffon/net/georgette saree is the best if you have a taller frame. Coupled with a boldly cut blouse, heels and loose hairs…winning that guy’s heart will be a cake walk! J You can trust me on that!!!

Also, choose prints that compliment your figure. Just because a designer saree looked good on a model, doesn’t mean you too will look equally appealing.

Indian women are voluptuous and have a full figure and a saree only enhances their inner beauty!

I am proud to be an Indian and love to follow the tradition of wearing a saree.


Am sure you all will also agree with me. 

Comments

  1. Good!! I totally agree ! Perhaps a mention of 2 greats... Maharani Gayatri devi & ofcourse Indira Gandhi, would not be out of place here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment