Mere yaar ki shaadi hai :)


Before I actually begin this post, I would want to warn you it is going to be long. Sufficiently long. Because these are not merely words, I am pouring my heart out. In fact, tears have already started rolling as I am writing this. It is my best friends’ wedding!!!

My best friend Yusra Abbasi, whom I met almost 7 years back, is finally getting married. Tears of joy and sorrow just don’t seem to stop. Though I had booked my tickets well in advance, the worst part is that they are still not confirmed and I will not be able attend her wedding.  

Since the time we became the best of friends, we have spend hours together in “discussing” on almost every possible topic under the sun. Like every other girl, marriage and kids was invariably our favorite topic. In the 2 of us, we both were aware of the fact that if at all anyone would get married first… it had to be her! I would pull her leg saying that, “Tu toh meri shadi mei apne bachcho k saath aegi.” And all she would do is laugh away.

You remember those days when we were in class 12th? More than the classroom, we used to be in the washroom, trying to apply kajal by looking at our reflection on the tiles! Remember? Swizi mam would hate us and always complain about it in parents teacher meeting!!! :P

And let me tell you one thing, you had a very bad taste when it came to dressing up! Complete with super oily hairs and a sport shoes, you would only run around the whole college and complain about the lecture timings.

But now, all of a sudden you have grown up. You have evolved into one of the most elegant women I know. You have an enviable sense of style and confidence. I am surely getting to learn a lot from you.  

(Here’s the link to your favorite song)


I just want to say one thing yusra. You have been the best thing ever happened to me in my life. You have been more than just a friend.  You have been my mentor, sister and a mother. Always keeping me motivated and enlightened with your “expert” advice, I am really gonna miss you. I am going to miss our long talks and the fact that I will not be able to see you frequently any more.

Be grateful and thankful to god for whatever comes your way. I am sure he has brilliant plans for you. And if ever you feel lost and low, remember there is someone in Mumbai who can run all the way to Gorakhpur only to see you smile and be your partner in crime!

Though I wish you a very happy married life ahead… but frankly speaking, I don’t want to let you go. Itna door jaane ki kya zarurat hai yaar. Hamesha ki tarah, kuch setting laga naa. I am going to be really alone. I love you, more than anyone else. DESPERATLY looking forward to meeting you AS SOON AS possible.

Comments

  1. well i dont know whether i'll be able to do justice when it comes to replying to this "topic"....all i can say that...i am going to misssss u in all things...whether it comes to alking abt cultures..food..people..me n u everything...love u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh come on Yusra ! :)
      I have already started missing you :(
      I love you too :*

      Delete
  2. Hey Shrish! First of all, great post! My sis is getting married in Feb next year so I can relate to this post very well. Also, which school are you from?
    May be a coincidence but we had a Swizi Ma'am in our school/Jr. college too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot :)
      I wish your sister all the luck and blessings for the new beginning! :)
      I did my Jr. college from D.A.V. Public School. And you?

      Delete
  3. Hey! Even I did my schooling and Jr. College from D.A.V Public School, Nerul. That is such a surprising coincidence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. u know what dear.......its a compete different life here .....i here too i have read ur post and have also made my husband read it too.....and lemme tell u ...he was pretty impressed....and ur post also helped him to know me better....Everybody here knows that i have got a frnd called shrishti...who couldn't make to my wedding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice to know that you are happy and comfortable in your new role :) And i am all the more glad to see that you make even your husband read the posts :)
      I hope i am able to fly down and meet everyone there in near future. Love you! Take care.

      Delete

Post a Comment