Super Women of my life!


Someone has rightly said, “Feminism is not about woman empowerment. Women are already strong. Very strong. Feminism is about changing the way the world perceives women!”

In the 22 years that I have lived, many “Women” entered my life. Some I got along with. Others I didn’t. But no matter whatever their role may have been, they taught me something or the other.

So here’s a tribute to the super women of my life:

1.        My Mother.
From being a doting daughter to being a perfect homemaker, she has played all the roles with warmth, poise and an undying smile. There were times when she got frustrated, shouted on me, didn’t speak, walked away, looked away. But who doesn’t?

What mattered was that the very next moment, she was there, standing right next me, and forgiving me for all the blunders I did.  

2.       My sister :)
“I smile because you are my sister. I laugh, because I cannot do anything about it!”
A brilliant artist and a lazy bum, Muskan is way ahead of what I was when I was her age! 
Be it applying her head in spur of the moment or taking responsibility, she is the reason behind everyone’s smile (and tears) in the house. ;)

3.       Pragya &  Runsha.
I didn’t know whose name to put 1st and whose 2nd & 3rd because you all are my darlings!!!
So let me start with Pragya, because she has been with me for over 11 years now!

Pragya:

From crazy sleep overs to giving each other motherly advises, you have been the strength all this while. Be it having pani puris (and gaining weight) or hitting the gym (and still crying about our weights), life has been one hell of a journey with you :)
Let alone our families, the whole society knows how inseparable we are. How could I not mention your photography???!

Your Lumia has been a constant source to mine, Swati’s and Shrutika’s Dp(s)! You are a “BORN” photographer. Agar kisi cheez ki kami hai, toh who hai SLR! Mil gaya naa, toh sabki life set! ;)


Yusra:

Be it feeling low for no apparent reason or relationship problems that only “we” could talk about, Yusra has been a special person in my life. We have spent hours chatting about friends and family “Stuff” and god knows what not! Her culture, ethics and traditions are so rooted that I have not met anyone as grounded as her!
I still remember those days, when her marriage date was being finalized and I was still struggling to get the tickets! :( I never felt so helpless in my life.
You have been an amazing friend, perfect daughter and a loving wife. I am looking forward to see your “strict-mother” wala phase! ;)

Heheheheee…!

Runsha Rani:

My super-woman, best friend, sister, partner in crime… I love you. And I miss you like crazy! Ask anyone, and you will know.

Although we have been together for a little less than a year, the warmth and comfort level that we share is a proof that “Hamara purana connection hai”.
I have seen so many people go through a rough phase in their life, and eventually break down. But you, in spite of life giving you a tough time, you didn’t give up!

I derive my strength wholly and wholly from you. Life was at its best when you were here. But now that you are not, there’s always something missing. :(


I haven’t been to Brew house or CCD ever since you left. So when are you coming? Bolo bolo? ;)   

Comments

  1. shrishtaa..my love!! u r true! u r the one! my boyfriend!... i love u so much.. In my worst phase.. apart from my family.. u WERE and u R the one..who can never ever let me loose the world... u inspire me to fight.. u inspire me to live... the way u take care of me, trust me, no body has done after my family.. I am really blessed and thankful to god that u r in my life! No doubt. God has done worst with me.. but he has given me such a caring and loving pearl..that is U!!
    I left worshiping after the incident. but because of your AOL and Guruji's blessings, i am improving :) Sending me bhajans..kriya, positive energy, forcing me to do kriya are some points that made me to stand again and fight with the world..!
    u are the part of my world..u turned my some tears in smile! A BIG THANKYOU AND YEAH.. I MISS U INDEED! I love u so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice shrishti... you have God gifted writing skill...:) keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment