Diary of a Soon-To-Be-Bride #1


Alright. I have been in double minds on writing what I am writing now. It’s been quite a few days now, and this weird feeling is only growing by leaps and bounds. May be writing would help. I don’t know.

I had never seen or experienced time fly at such a pace ever in my entire life! I mean, last I knew, I had 6 long months for my wedding day, with each day what felt like 36 hours and now when I see, it is merely a month away, and my days seem shorter than ever.

Once I step out of my office, I only think about how to make the limited time available with me, memorable with my mom and dad. To be frank, I have never seen them so emotional, with the thought that I will be gone. Never seen them so angry, that why can’t time slow down a bit. And never seen them so helpless and happy at the same time.

Day before yesterday, my parents got me 4 huge suitcases and 3 bags for my stuff. When I came back from office, mom asked me if all these would suffice?
That’s when I felt a lump in my throat. I could feel my entire world subside and crash all at once. I just nodded and escaped to my room. 

How could I tell her, that the house I have spend my entire life in, cannot be summoned in 7 bags! It really doesn’t matter whether I have 7 or 70 of them!

From the curtains that spread across the hall to the chair I and my sister fight for. From the utensils to every single particle of dust. From my own clothes to those of my sister and those which I haven’t worn in a zillion years, but still rest in my wardrobe. From my bed to the pillows, bed sheets, towel, toothpaste, shampoos, cushions, sofa everything is mine!!!

Sure I am excited and nervous about the new phase of my life, but I can’t stop thinking about the fact that when I will get up every morning, there will be an entirely different view from my window. I will no longer be kissing my mom to night and acting crazy around her. Everything would feel different. I don’t know if I will even be able to sleep first few days/weeks.

I don’t know if “THIS” is just a phase that every bride-to-be goes through or if it is me who is over-thinking. Being a love marriage, I always thought I had no reason to cry. After all, I already know my in-laws (who can’t wait to bring me home), my fiancé (who completes me) and the locality he stays in (few kms from my house). But in the last 6 months, there hasn’t been 1 night I had not cried to sleep and screamed in my pillow.

And I know even my mom & dad do the same. But none of us shows it aloud in the house, because none of us can see each one of us in tears. I don’t know if these feelings fade away with time or become more intense. Time will tell.                  

Comments

  1. Bingo! Emotions nailed through your words! Believe it or not, the lump still exists! Every time you meet your parents even after an evening away from them would make you want to tie yourself to them sooooo tight that words always fail to express what you felt for them in that one evening. Of course our better halves, mom dad sis bro in laws are in no way strict with their love, stepping into our parents shoes to make us feel at home are God's second best gifts.
    All said and done, nothing can match or equal the initial 20+ yrs of our lives with our pillars!

    All the best girl! Wishing you a blissful life with the best of things with your love together, forever and beyond!
    Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Swati!
      I cannot even tell you how much scared I am of facing the world without them being by my side and without seeing them around constantly!
      Reading your views has only made me ponder even more. :(

      Delete
  2. This is the most emotional moment for every girl. Our parents do a lot for us beyond their limitations. They are the God's biggest and best gift to all of us..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most emotional moment for every girl. Our parents do a lot for us beyond their limitations. They are the God's biggest and best gift to all of us..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i too had felt these emotions....u r lucky atleast u r able to feel.....i wasnt able to ....or rather i was unmoved

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have beautifully painted your emotions in this article. Waiting for Diary of a Soon-To-Be-Bride #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its Parent’s general feeling I would like to describe; need not to be senti Dear Shrishti:-Happiness is moving its place--------

    My little angel has grown up leaving with memories of childhood preparing for the wedding day. Since the dates are locked its running faster.
    Inner feelings how my angel will do like setting priorities in his own family life, lives with in-laws; I will be on last sheet from now onward.

    It’s not the time to get emotional for physical separation from parents home; these moments will strengthen the emotional attachments from now with stronger bonding than ever. Parents house will remain belong to the daughters first by heart. As you rightly said even every dust of the house belongs to you only.
    I no more want to see and chat with my angel but she should remain happy where ever she lives.
    Remembering is entirely different things than getting emotional. It was dream to marry her & she should live happily with love: its fulfillment is the ultimate desire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its really gud ...felt different...By the way when is ur BIG DAY coming...!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So this is one of my favourites till now. I really loved it <3 Damn. You are awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So this is one of my favourites till now. I really loved it <3 Damn. You are awesome :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment