How I met my Cat!


People who follow me on Instagram  Facebook and Snapchat, know how crazy I am about my cats. But I was not always like this… every cat lady has a story, and here’s mine :)

Back in the monsoon of 2011, when I was about to leave my house for the usual evening walks with my friend, I saw her for the first time. Curled up in the corner of my show rack, licking herself dry, a little kitten of about a month, her cries were barely audible had a tinge of shiver, she was visibly in dire need of some help.

I immediately readied a small house for her with a cardboard box and some pieces of cloth, and started keeping milk for her. Initially she would come once in a couple of days, have some milk, curd or water and walk away. Then with rains and weather getting worse, she started spending the nights in the box I had kept for her.

I had never ever in my life watched a new born baby of any animal eat food, drink water, lick themselves, yawn, stretch, make weird noises and play, in such close proximity. Every time I watched my cat do all (or any) of this, I fell in love over and over and over again!

By now good 4 months had passed, and I & Meow (Oh, that’s my cat’s name. MEOW!) were inseparable. She would be on my sofa, bed, dining table, kitchen, rubbing off her cat furs all over the house and finally doze off on my lap. The time when she would snuggle on my lap or on my feet  (Yes! She would actually do that) was the most precious one! When a cat lets you around her, lets you put her down to sleep, rub her belly and gives a Paw high five, know that she has accepted you the way you are (Is human ka kuch nahi ho sakta! Meh).

I remember, once Meow went off somewhere (guess she needed a break from humans) and I had no clue where she was off to. After 5 days, I heard Meow rub her paws desperately on my front door. I was glad to know she’s back and though she must be hungry or something, but when I opened, she had brought me a present I never asked for. Any guesses?

Well, a blood soaked Dead pigeon.

I was terrified to death and ended up scolding and shooing her away. It is only until a few days back when I came to know that cats bring their food (Dead birds, mouse or anything that was alive once, but dead now) as a sweet gesture of showing they love their human counter parts.

Just as I thought life couldn’t get any better, I noticed my cat’s belly swelling generously, she became even lazier and her nipples coming out. She was pregnant!!! We all were beyond happiness, and couldn’t wait to hold the tiny little beings!

Later after a month of having discovered her pregnancy, she went into hibernation. She had chosen one secluded corner near of our society for her labor days. We didn’t see her for over 3 weeks. We started hearing from kids, that some of them spotted my cat, while others spotted new kittens. There was way too much climax!

Finally one Sunday, Meow came home. She came in and leaped on my mother’s lap and we all were trying to get her attention and wanted to hold her! We asked her (in human language), “Where are the babies my baby? Are you ok? When will we get to meet them? Was it painful? How did you manage?”, to which she replied “Meow… Meow” (And we said, ok. Whatever that means. Yay).

After couple of minutes of hugging, walking around the entire house and leaving her fur everywhere (once again), she abruptly walked out, only to come back in a few moments with her 4 tiny little adorable babies!!! They were barely even able to open their eyes and stand straight. She had pushed them with her head butts and brought them all the way up on our floor! Wasn’t this beautiful?

That was the happiest days of our life. Getting her babies to meet us was her way of introducing them into our lives.

Today the 4 kitten have turned into beautiful and graceful 5 month olds, just the way their mother was. They are no less than our family members.  

A few weeks after, the mommy cat vanished. Some people said she died, others say she left the kids and went off. I don’t know what the truth is. But I really miss her, and hope where ever she may be, she misses me too.


P.s. These pictures are of my cats! Aren’t they stunningly gorgeous?

Meow! #Catsaresomuchbetter

Comments

  1. ohh!! the y really are like our family members.. the pictures are so perfect! :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute story:) i wish that your cat comes back soon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment