Confessions of a Book Nerd

Hello Peeps!

I have been on a reading marathon ever since this year has begun, and I couldn’t help but notice some weird things readoholics do. Right from the innocent one to those little guilty acts, we have done it all.

So here are 10 most (innocent, yet) ridiculous things I have done as a proud readoholic, and if I have done these, I am sure there are a billion people out there who would have done the same!

So read on my bookfessions, as I spill all the beans:

1. Complaining that I have no social life, even though 9 out of 10 times, I choose to stay back at home WITH A BOOK.

2. Bringing a book along where-ever I go, even though I know I won’t have time to read. Just to put my hand in the bag and touch my book may be… It feels good you know.

3. Sometimes (and by sometimes I mean 8 on 10 times), I say I am going to bed early to get some rest, but its really so that I could read an extra chapter. *Best betrayal ever*

4. I can never start another book without finishing my current read. I somehow end up feeling like I am cheating on the characters of the current book (Just not a polygamous reader!). That’s why my to-read list goes on and on.

5. I bring a book into the bathroom with me sometimes, and sit there reading long after I am done pooping!

6. Only true book nerds know the pleasure of cozying up in a corner and reading a book cover to cover, without getting disturbed or being talked to. It gets difficult for me to keep a straight face, when my husband tells me he will be out travelling for a few days.


7. I am obsessed with the smell of books. I don’t care if it is a roadside stall I am browsing the books from, a bookstore or a library. I just about always, end up proudly sniffing the book and being looked at questionably!

8. We all have our fictional boyfriends, who will always be loved far more than our non fictional ones!

9. Being personally and deeply offended when someone tells me they do not read enough. That’s right. I judge you.

10. Spend way too much time trying to get the *Perfect Insta Worthy* shot of your new favorite book!


Are there things I missed mentioning? Comment below with your bookfessions and laugh along ;)  

Comments