7 Things You Should Never Say To a Book Lover


We, the book loving people like quite cozy corners, a nice fat book on the lap coupled with freshly brewed coffee. We like to have fictional crushes because fictional characters are perfect. We prefer to get lost in the imaginary world and not talk to others for long periods of time. And most importantly, we mean no harm.

But then there are “Others”. These “Other” people do not understand our struggles. They are loud, outgoing, talk a tad too much and are reality TV enthusiast! They don’t understand the beauty of written words and silence. And sometimes say things to book loving people, that makes us go – “Oh God! Not again” and leaves our eyes rolling and feeling aghast wondering “Did you just say that?”

I know you could recite the list by heart already, but I thought it will be nice to pen them all down and let’s make “Others” stop saying these words (Only because they make our ears bleed):

  1. You can’t bring a book with you!
    Nobody gets to say that to me. A book (or two or may be even three) will always come along irrespective of the social event.

  2. Are you buying books? Again?
    Hell yesh I am! I don’t understand why I am being asked that question. Of course I am buying books.
    (Confession: I AM NOT TO BE TRUSTED WITH A CREDIT/ DEBIT CARD AT A BOOKSTORE)

  3. Why would I read the book when I can watch the movie?
    Ok. You know what, I don’t even know how to react when someone says that to me. I give up.

  4. Sorry I know you don’t like getting interrupted while reading, but...
    No If. No But. The door is there, please get lost .

  5. Don’t you have a life?
    Ummm well guess what? A reader doesn’t just have “a” life, we choose to many more… thanks to the many worlds that every book takes us to. Huh. Now go mind your own business, please?

  6. I hate the smell of books
    No No No No No. You can’t hate the smell of books. It is magic. Pure magic. Meant to be inhaled, inhaled a little more and never exhale. ***Aaahhhhhhhhh***
    We smell new books, old musty books and even kiss them at times.

  7. Time to put the book down!
    Excuse me? We book loving people don’t think there is any activity in this world that deserves such importance. Not even nature’s call. And that’s why, some of us… actually most of us carry our books in the loo too !



Have I missed any point? Share them in the comments below!

Comments

  1. I am sersly very lucky to have all the book lovers in my group... But still many times i face these type of stupid questions... i feel like killing such people who ask me such questions, how can they even dare to ask

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment