Why i Choose Walking over Gyming ANY DAY ?

The last time I went to a gymnasium, was exactly 7 months back. And the one thing which was hard to not notice, was how impeccable everyone looked – be it men or women! Especially Women. The slacks & shorts seemed designer, the plunging necklines with swanky tank tops and lacy sports bras fell just about so perfectly over their body, making me wonder why did they even have to come here at first place?

Not just the attire, even their hair – All Blow dried. Some pinned it in a perfect bun, while others left it open (Like, how do you exercise with open hair?!!!!!). The one off strands that kept dancing its way to their forehead and eyes, didn’t seem to bother them. AT ALL.

It was almost as if I stepped inside The Cosmopolitan, page 5 that talked about “Latest Gym Looks”.

Ugghhhh.

And this is exactly why I don’t like going to the gym. I feel there is so much pressure on being a little more than presentable that it takes my attention off, from the basic reason why I am there. I remember back in early 2000s when I thought I was fat and needed to frequent my visits to the society Gym, all I had to make sure was to wear shoes. Dress didn’t matter. And no-one seemed to give a dam about it either. I didn’t even bother about my hair as my mother made sure it was perpetually pleated.

Today, I cannot even think of joining a Gymnasium without having shopped at least 4 pair of sportswear, so I don’t have to repeat the same clothes every single day. Thanks to the parallel life we live on Social media and the new generation of Celebrities, one can’t afford to wear anything that advertises their sweat patches!

The pressure is insane.

Walking, on the other hand is so forgiving. I mix and match Pajamas, Kurtis, Shorts and Salwar, barge out of house by 5:15am and there is not a single soul to judge me :) Today, I didn’t even bother matching my socks and still had an amazing run (Also, no one gave me a 2nd look for my fashion faux Pas).

Also Also, it is practically the easiest and most effective exercise possible. 10,000 steps every day and you can be rest assured that there’s not going to be any extra inches around your waist and legs.


The silence that runs for kilometers, fresh smell of Mogras, different kinds of birds chirping, the sound of my own breath, watching a dry leaf flutter and cool breeze - All things i know i won't a chance to feel in the next 18 hours of the mad day ahead of me, makes early morning Walks my favorite thing.  

What is your Go-To Exercise? Do share your comments below.
   

Comments

  1. Point ma'am... And also the selfies in gym.. caption "aaj meine legs maara!"😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... actually u r right, looks like a race of who wears wat brand n whose selfie is more pseudo power packed.. who eats more shots of steroids to build He Man sorta body.... not to take away from some serious gymmers who worship their body for being fit... nicely described... I couldn't agree more on the walk and associated nature around... More power to u...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly the same reason why I too prefer going to walk rather than gymming.. Great points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely way to put it Shrishti. To add to the pleasure of taking your legs out for a walk is, the clean air instead of the circulated air conditioned one of the gym and of course the changing scenes. Keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly worded Shrishti . I feel that our life has become very materialistic. Soon the day will come where we would check our bank balances to even maintain our health .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well written! Shifting focus back to health!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment