Seriously Real Thoughts During Periods | #REALTALK


“Be subtle, don’t over-share” is what a lot of people tell me when we brush past the topic of “Menstruation” and everything around it.

However, Ladyhood IS all about sharing, and more often than not, “Over Sharing”. I mean, is there a subtle way of describing what it feels like when there’s blood oozing out of your vagina pretty much the entire day for a week every month? It’s uncomfortable, messy and painful. My hormones are out of Whack for a whole week before I actually get my periods. Which means anything and everything becomes desirable. Suddenly the world becomes irresistible.

I think not.

Now that I have broken the ice and weeded out the weak-stomached, let’s talk some serious business. Every time I am on my periods, I feel I turn into a “Caffeinated-Over Slept-Hungry Zombie”. Because those are precisely the only things I think of – Coffee, my bed and blanket, food and chocolates!

But the good news is - I know I am not alone in this struggle.  

So here are 34 thoughts I get, during those 5-7 days of what feels like, “Pure Hell”.

1.       “Damn. It.”

2.       “I feel so gross… I am never leaving my house!”

3.      “I think I am dying.”

4.      “May be I AM Dead.”

5.      “I will try a new brand of pads the next time.”

6.      “Why aren’t Pads/ Tampons free anyway? It’s not like I asked for periods!”

7.      “Did I Flush? Oh no… wait, let me flush again!”

8.      “Didn’t I JUST get my periods a few days back? Or was it last month?

9.      “Happy Hunger Games”
Bhaiya ek Vada Pav, Bhel Puri, Maggie aur Frankie dena! (I haven’t eaten in a lifetime.)

10.   “Am I fat?.. No. Maybe it’s just Water weight.”

11.    “The cramps are so bad today! Almost feels like someone chopped my uterus into tiny tiny tiny tiny pieces and then put them back together ALL WRONG!”

12.    “Ouchh”

13.   “Why do bad things happen to good people?”

14.   “I could easily pass for a 5month pregnant lady. Look at my bloated tummy!”

15.   “I should probably look at my crush’s Instagram. And by “Probably”, I mean “Definitely”.”

16.   “No seriously, Am I Pregnant?”

17.   “When did I last change my pad?”

18.   “I need a hot water bag & a bucket of chicken nuggets”

19.   “I think I am going to cry”

20.  ………………………………. ***And the Tears roll down***

21.    “Oh no. My thighs are freezing.”

22.   “What if my ovaries are actually exploding? Should I get a sonography done – Just to be 
sure?”

23.   “I am seriously going to kill someone”

24.  “If I sneeze, will the tampon fly off? That would be so cool, no?”

25.   “Shittt, I shouldn’t have sneezed!”
It feels like a whole litre of blood just gushed out of your Vagina, and it hurts, depending on 
how hard the sneeze was.

26.  “My body demands chocolate – Lotte Choco Pie, to be Precise.”

27.   “My Kids better be cute after all this.”          

28.  “The pimple on my chin has a pimple! – Buy a hundred face masks from the nearest drug store – and hope nothing requires you to leave the house ever again”

29.   “Why is everyone breathing so loudly?”

30.   “Hmm… is something wrong with my blood? That’s a new shade of red, I have never seen before.”
We call this “Menstrual Rainbow” – Often our uterus surprises us with a new shade of red that’s not even close to being in the same palette as red. Believe me – I am not exaggerating.

31.   “My stomach is making sounds I have never heard before – I AM IMPRESSED.”

32.   “Ok, at least I am not Pregnant” – So much for small victories.

33.  “No Wait. Can one be pregnant during periods?”


34.  “Life is complicated” 

Comments