Things I didn’t know | First 45 days of Motherhood


46 days back, I didn’t know I would wake up with an uncontrollable urge to pee and a baby, who was excited to come in 3 week early!

I didn’t know my water had already broken. And I clearly didn’t know it looked brownish/ light red in color.

This got me (and everyone else around) excited, anticipating that my little one was ready to pop any moment.

I didn’t know the contractions would get worse with every passing hour. I didn’t know I had to push only when the contractions occurred. Trying to push anything out of your body in between contractions would be futile.

I didn’t know, the only words I would hear, were going to, “Push, Shrishti Push”!

I didn’t know my labour would last 23 hours, before I would hold a soft, tiny, vernix covered human! I didn’t know she would be beautiful beyond all my imaginative powers put together! She would have the world’s most beautiful eyes and softest fingers.

I didn’t know you would look so much like your dad.

I didn’t know new mothers looked like wounded animals post delivery. Anxiety, fear, frustration and discomfort were all I felt.

I didn’t know breastfeeding was going to be so dam painful. Cracked and sore nipples were just the beginning. I didn’t know how beautiful and magical my body was.

But now I do. Now I know the potential my flawed little body carries. It nurtured and supported a perfectly imperfect human for 8.5 months. It was strong enough to deliver the normal way - And continues to be stronger than ever in making my little one adjust to this new world.

There were 100 things i didn’t know back then, and there are a 1000 things I still don’t know. But you know what? I get to raise a human – for whom, I am the world. And that makes this journey perfect.

Comments

  1. Women's body surely is a miracle... It was like a science experiment getting successful... Isn't it?
    There sure are tough days in motherhood but just by seeing that lil smile on her bubbly chubbly face, my god, it feels worth it...
    Every day is a new and a different day with her.. Different problem, different issues, different habit, different choice..
    If yesterday she laughs aloud by just hiding behind the curtains and poping out SAYING "haaaaiiiiii"... Today she just has nothing but a blank expression on her face as if she means 'is everything alright with u mom... Y r u being a lil kid'
    And all I experience is a POPAT feeling..
    Children surely are the greatest and most beautiful creation of God...but you know whats the best part...its being the MOM..
    Take care and have a wonderful time with your lil bundle of joy...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment