7 Movies I “secretly” enjoyed - but am tooo embarrassed to admit | #HonestConfession

2020 seems never-ending. Even though I have a 9 to5 job, a toddler and ample household chores to keep myself busy – my consumption of content i.e. movies and web-series has gone up to a WHOLE-NEW-FREAAKING-LEVEL

Today, most visual content (movies, web-series, short stories, terribly short stories etc) have storyline which require you to watch with your brain. The characters are saying so much more than what catches the eye! And I cannot be happier, about this pleasant change. But do you remember the simpler times with mind-bogglingly dumb content?

Irrespective of when and from where you watched those movie, that non-sense always made sense. Feeling Happy? Play that movie. Feeling Sad? Play that movie. Don’t want to feel anything? Play that goddam movie YET AGAIN!

Well, here is the list of movies which were (and are) my guilty pleasure back in the day. Without any further ado... Here I go.


1.       Dhadkan

Aksar is duniya me… anjaane milte hain... – Come on, if you haven’t listened to this song on loop and ogled at Mahima Chaudhary, then you are lying. I don’t even know how many times I must have watched this painfully long over dramatic romantic story. The more I hated Sunil Shetty’s acting, I more of him (and others) I wanted to see. The more I watched… the more I cringed & cursed! Was it black magic or what? Because why else will I willingly let 3 hours of my time go down the drain – And then come out happy?

 2.       Aisha

Before you judge me, don’t forget that you also liked it (may be a tiniii-tinyy bit). It was all about fashion, pretty clothes, pretty showrooms, pretty faces, and high society south Delhi drama! So I chose to ignore everything else and watch it ample number of times – because it made me smile. That’s it.


 3.      Mujhse Dosti Karoge

Just another Kareena Kapoor movie with loads of glossy lipsticks and one hell of a LOUD acting. But then, once you get used to seeing her on-screen (or rather, learn to ignore her screen presence), the movie turns out to be a decent watch. Also, I absolutely loooovvved the music album!

 4.      Mere Yaar ki Shaadi hai

 The age old tried & tested formula: Best friends (1 Boy 1 Girl Obviously) + (Confusion x Uday Chopra) + Way too many family members + (Songs)^2

Got it?

Even this movie had beautiful songs, especially “Resham si hain ye hawaei sanam….”. Uff !

 5.      Masti

 Now that I look back, I can’t believe I watched one of India’s 1st sex comedies with MY MOM!!! Starring Vivek Oberoi, Ritesh Deshmukh and my pyara dulara Aftab Shivdasani, the movie revolves around these 3 married men and their attempt at having an extra marital affair only to spice up their otherwise mundane lives.

 6.      Hum Saath Saath hain

 Barjatya World = Gajar ka Halwa + Joint Family + Bharatiya Sanskriti + Arrange Marriage + Cooking + Some more Cooking + Ye bhi kha lo + Hajmola + 174 Songs + ABCDEFGHIIIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ (Tum bhi Kaho)

Miles away from reality, and still so freaking relatable!!! HOW? WHY?

 7.      Kya Kool Hain Hum

 Yet another adult comedy, starring Tushar Kapoor and Riteish Deshmukh. I remember watching it on Television with my mom :P  

It had some perfectly placed punch lines, moments that got us chucking right away and a forgetful plot. It still did well, thanks to the decent packaging.

These were some of my guilty pleasure movies. What are your favourite movies that you have been embarrassed to admit till now? Tell me in the comments below.


Comments

  1. Hahaha. Quite an innocent admission

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. चुप चाप मजे ले रही हो।

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Heheh.. Ya.. Now you know why I am embarrassed of admitting 😅

      Delete

Post a Comment