Her BIG Tiny steps | #MotherhoodUnplugged | #BabyMilestones

Babies spend a lot of time doing absolutely nothing! – I mean, let’s be real? They need our support in doing practically everything. So isn’t it pretty dammm normal for parents to rejoice at the tiniest of the tiny accomplishments?  

Whether it is holding their own head, rolling over, making eye-contact, smiling, giggling, burping by themselves – each one of these milestones are worthy of celebration.

However, the dearest among all these, is when babies FINALLYYY takes their own independent steps! That feeling – joy, excitement, fear of watching your mini-me walk around, is unmatched. It is amusing to see, how a baby’s small step can become one giant leap of parenthood :)

Now, before I start pouring my heart out about my daughter’s 1st steps, let me say it out aloud, “Every baby is different. Each one of them, has their own pace. When they start walking, varies anywhere between 8 months to 15 months, on an average”. 

So Renee, my daughter- has had some of the milestones early on. For example, she started rolling over around when she was 2 months old, burped by herself by the time she was 4 months old, said her 1st word at 5 months, started crawling and sitting at 7 months.

And the one thing we were eagerly waiting for her to do was start walking! When she was around 8.5 - 9 months old, Renee had started putting the efforts in figuring out how to put those legs to use. We would occasionally catch her sucking her toe, chew her tiny feet and eventually taking support of the wall and try to stand. In the process, she would often wobble, and end up banging her head on the wall :P

2 weeks back we FINALLY ACTUALLY saw it happen! We had gone to my parent’s place for lunch and I vividly remember it all. Our lunch was done and we were serving dessert. There was a big blue coloured plastic stool (light weight) kept in one corner.

Time and again, Renee would crawl up to the stool, take its support and stand. I think it was its sheer size and colour that attracted her the entire time. We didn’t think too much of her back and forth because none of us expected her to be able to push it.

But right then, while she stood holding the stool, Renee pushed the stool slowly and took one step ahead. Then she pushed the stool again, and took another step. Then another, one more and so many more!!! She had reached the end of the room just by taking the support of the stool and pushing it enough, so she doesn’t fall right on her face.

And we couldn’t believe our eyes. My parents were elated! So were we! I was even happier, that my parents could see the milestone themselves. My mother and mother-in-law couldn’t stop cheering, and my dad immediately grabbed his phone and started recording. The new age grandparents I tell you ;)

This was 2 weeks back.

Today, Renee is able to get up and stand without any support. She is even able to take up to 5-6 steps before fall back on her bummies! :P Life is good!

Watching my daughter, I have realized yet again – Falling is not as bad, as we may think.

Comments

  1. After reading this post I remember your child hood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every step is entirely different of all children's worth celebrating... Renne is special like all other grand children's of the family.... Every step movement is worth catching... Joyeous

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment